Day Bike Tour
Tour Code : PT124
Historic Bangkok shows the true heart of this bustling city. Cycle the back roads and small lane ways to discover that there is more to this city than big roads full of traffic alongside high rise buildings.
Riding the quiet ‘soi’ and lanes you will discover ancient temples and life by the Chao Phraya River and in the tiny lanes that make up much of the city. This tour is all about seeing a very different side of Bangkok. We won’t be taking you anywhere famous, instead get ready to take in the “Real Bangkok”, where normal people live in the jumble of lane ways that few people think to explore.
We start with a ride along the Chao Phraya River and then cross the river using Rama 8 Bridge. From here we visit ancient temples and urban street life. You’ll ride alongside the canal through tiny alleyways that are home to a Muslim community. After crossing over a bridge you follow the canal back the other way, this time passing Buddhist temples – such is the diversity of the city when you get in close.
After using a local ferry to cross back over the river we ride close to the Grand Palace, take a walk through a public park that we once exclusively used by royal family. After more twisting alleyways, riding through a food market and Buddha image wholesaling area you end up at the Giant Swing. The Giant Swing is one of the landmarks of the city and was once used for an important Hindu ceremony. The tour usually takes 3-4 hours, the distance of the trip is 15 km.
PICK UP TIME : 8.00 am
DURATION : Half Day
- 8.00 am
- Pick up from your hotel in Bangkok and transfer to the office for bike fitting and briefing
- 9.00 am
- Start the bike tour, cycle the quiet side of Bangkok and see a very different side of the city
- 12.30 pm
- End up the trip at the Giant Swing
- 12.45 pm
- Relax and enjoy a complimentary drink from our fridge. A nice end to a great morning out!
- 1.00 pm
- Transfer back to your hotel in Bangkok
- Top quality Merida mountain bikes with a helmet
- Hotel pick-up service
- Local English speaking guide
- Water and snack while cycling
- All entrance fees
- Travel Insurance
- Other service not mentioned in the program
- Joined Tour or Private Tour can be arranged
- Reservation shall be made in advance
- Reservation are subjected to availability at time of booking
- Please note that due to road construction that this tour is currently not appropriate for tag-along
You can combine this tour with our interesting half day tours; such as, Grand Palace Tour by selecting combination tour in the booking form and get the special deals